Outlook I lost the English dictionary for Outlook express 6

Reaction score
After installing Office 2007 I lost the English dictionary for Outlook express 6 and have only French in OE6 and Word 2007.

When I installed Office 2007, I did set it to install English in proofing.

Under options in OE 6/spelling, it only gives French as an option.

In Word, UK English is set as the primary language and also under enabled editing languages.

How do I get an english (UK) dictionary in OE 6 and also find the english dictionary in word if it was installed as I set it or get it into the program?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Well, I can tell you you are not alone.

My sister is complaining to me of the same problem ... Despite some effort via phone, her Skype mic no longer works, I have been unable to ascertain what the problem is or why it happened.

Although she can follow instructions, what she is seeing is wrong. I need to take a look personally at her PC. That is scheduled for Monday.

The only thing that has happened recently is my brother-in-law (to be) gave her, and installed, a new keyboard.

I was under the impression that the Logitech keyboard software may have altered something ... now it looks like I'll have to dig deeper.

Just to add, she does not have MS Office installed but uses Open Office instead ... :)

However, this may help you ...

After installing Office 2007 RTM, you don’t have English as a choice of language in the spell checker of Outlook Express and potentially other programs.

Office 2007 is replacing the v.3 English Proofing Tools that shipped in prior versions of Office with a new version (v.6). There are a number of changes in this new version, but the one that is causing this problem is that Outlook Express doesn’t understand the new English Proofing Tools. This is a problem because Outlook Express has never shipped with its own proofing tools but has used the ones shipped by Office.

There are a few scenarios in which you won’t run into this problem: An upgrade from Office 2003 or earlier to Office 2007 RTM if you don’t manually uninstall the earlier version of Office.

A configuration in which Office 2003 (or earlier) has not been removed. For example, I have Office 2003 still on both of my computers, and I still have English in Outlook Express.

The workaround for this problem is to install the English dictionary from Office 2003 (or Office XP). There should be no need to install all of Office just the dictionary. The English Proofing Tools can be found in the Custom Install tree under ... Office Shared Features/Proofing Tools/English
... hope that helps you. I have some more work to do on my sister's PC

user.gif

Reaction score
Spell Chk is back............

Hello,

This is Mani from India, i am sorry to inform you that after installation of Office 2007, english spell check is lost for Outlook Express. Still Microsoft is looking on this issue. till that time you can install third party software free download.
http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/Spell_Checker_For_OE/spelloe.html
click on this link and download the software.

if still any more issues / information can mail to my email id - (e-mail address removed)

By,
Mani

Ask a Question