I have a problem with creating a form. Please help

Reaction score
I am designing a DataBase on a DVD rental shop in MS Access. I wish to create a form allowing the user to select a DVD CopyNumber and find the details of the last loan for that copy (name of the person who borrowed it, DVD title, DateOut, DateDue and DateReturn).

I have set up a query containing all these information, but I am not sure how to create a form allowing the user to select the DVD copy number to see these information.

I have made a form, however where I am stuck is how to allow the CopyNumber to be selected. When I try to create a form using wizard and I am asked 'How do you want to view your date' and I select the option by DVDCopy (this is the table where CopyNumber is located), instead of just the DVD copy appearing at the top both the DVDTitle and CopyNumber appear on the top so when I finish creating the form both of these can be selected by the user.
What I want to know is how to make DVDCopy the only option that can be selected.

The other problem I have is that in the combobox wizard only 2 options are available and the 3rd option (find a record on my form based on the value I selected in my combo box) is not there and only the first 2 options are there. I am creating this form based on a query. I want to know why the 3rd option is not there and what I should do.

Could anyone please help me with this. Many Thanks

Ask a Question