I can't chat on Yahoo Canada and Yahoo Mexico

I'm using a brand new laptop with Windows XP SP2.
With my former computers when I wanted to chat I just needed to sign in to
the Yahoo Canada and the applet loaded fast and only the first time it
prompted me to download a file. I did not have to install a VM.
With the new computer, I sign in to the website and the following message
shows up:
"Unable to load applet
You may need to download an updated version of the Microsoft VM from
www.microsoft.com/java"
I logged on into this site, I updated my java sun microsystem to version
1.5.0 but it did not work. I have uninstalled and installed the java software
but it has not worked either. Besides, it's never prompted me to download
the yahoo file.

Don Varnau

Hi,
Test your Java VM at http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml or
http://javatester.org/ If it's not working at those sites, take a look at
pop-up blockers and other third party (security) programs that are running.
A number of security programs can be configured to block scripts, scripting,
active content.

You might also try:
Go to Internet Options> Security> Internet Zone, set it to Default.

Or, try the Internet Options> Security settings at
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/restricted.htm#Setting

Clear the IE cache. IE> Tools> Internet Options> General> Delete
files (and delete offline content when that dialog pops up) It's often
recommended that the TIF folder be kept at about 50 MB (Settings.)

Browse to [C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files] Switch to Details view and
remove any objects which show as damaged.

Go to Control Panel> Java and make sure that Sun Java is the default JRE fir
IE.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Jorge Martinez" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Hi there,

I've tried all the suggestion you wrote. It's not working yet.