I can receive email but not send.

emails sit in the outbox. error (0x800CCC3C) 'The server reported an error.
'Outlooks request to the server failed'. The Server responded 'Precondition
Failed'.

My outlook has been working fine sending and receiving email throught
Hotmail, however it just stopped sending. I am still receiving email.

HELP!

Andreas Roeder

Hi Kevin
Too many messages sent in a 24 hour period can cause this.

Try the web interface, you may see the popup message

Thanks Andreas
I was starting to think the same as I read through the Hotmail rules which
state maximum 100 messages in one day. However, it seems to have something
to do with messages that I C.C. to a large group of people (92). This one
email has been sitting in my outbox for more than 24hrs. My single emails
(no C.C.'s) are now sending okay(24hrs later). Any idea where I can find the
info that tells me how many email have been sent?

Kevin
I'm having a similar issue. In MS Outlook my ICalendar messages are not
clearing my Outbox and I get the following error message: Task 'Hotmail -
Sending' reported error (0x80040201) : 'Unknown Error 0x80040201'

If someone is able to help you solve this problem I would be interested in
the fix to see if it applies to my situation as well. Good Luck!

I have had Outlook working for some time. Recently our company moved from an
MS Exchange server for mail to an ISP based service not using Exchange. I
modified my settings and was able to send and receive mail. I deleted my VPN
connection to the MS Exchange server and the Exchange based account
information. Sometime after that point I have found that I am unable to send
mail on any of several accounts although I am still able to receive mail.
The message I receive is: Task 'pop.xxxxxxx.yyy - Sending' reported error
(0x80040201) : 'Unknown Error 0x80040201'. I have "repaired Outlook. I use
Norton Antivirus to scan outgoing mail and I have tried running without
outbound scanning enabled. I am able to send and receive test messages on all
accounts from within the e-mail account set up Wizard with its Test Account
Settings feature. I appreciate receiving help on this problem. Thank you.
Browser reported inability to deliver this message so I am reposting. Pardon
any double posting.

Brian Tillman

Something here may help: http://www.google.com/search?q=0x80040201
I have "repaired Outlook. I use Norton
Antivirus to scan outgoing mail and I have tried running without
outbound scanning enabled.

Norton is notorious for interfering with Outlook, even with the option
disabled. YOu may have to uninstall it and reinstall without the scanning
option.
I am able to send and receive test
messages on all accounts from within the e-mail account set up Wizard
with its Test Account Settings feature.

In truth, that doesn't test the entire path out and back in again.

Joined
Oct 28, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

"Andreas Roeder" wrote:

> Hi Kevin
> Too many messages sent in a 24 hour period can cause this.
>
> Try the web interface, you may see the popup message
>
> --
> Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch
>

> "Kevin Davies 350"

Joined
Oct 28, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I doubt this error message has anything to do with the email server, or maybe the email server has some registration of the machine. I have used outlook and outlook express for years on my hotmail account, and some times I send out hundreds of messages in a few hours and I never got this error message of 0x800CCC3C until last night. I cannot send out. But I am able to send out the same or even much bigger messages using outlook from another computer. There must be something wrong with either outlook or outlook/hotmail related to that machine. Anybody has any idea how to solve this, please let me know - I have checked the registry on both HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook and HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook, and cannot figure out anything wrong. Thanks,

-Michael

Has anyone managed to solve the 0x80040201 error message?

I am a new user and have spent hours trying to sort this out.

Ian Stacey

Joined
Mar 27, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
=?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4gRGF2aWVzIDM1MA==?= said:
emails sit in the outbox. error (0x800CCC3C) 'The server reported an error.
'Outlooks request to the server failed'. The Server responded 'Precondition
Failed'.

My outlook has been working fine sending and receiving email throught
Hotmail, however it just stopped sending. I am still receiving email.

HELP!
please help me in shorting out this problem