Hyundai L90D+

Thomas Popple

I've just bought this excellent 8ms 19" TFT monitor. It works really
well with no blurring etc.

Problem is, it has a dead pixel right in the middle. I've phoned
their support line and been told that this is an issue with the L90D+
and they have had lots of dead pixel reports and exchanges.

It doesn't seem to stop them selling them however...... just a note
for any prospective buyers.

Lou

Thomas Popple said:
I've just bought this excellent 8ms 19" TFT monitor. It works really
well with no blurring etc.

Problem is, it has a dead pixel right in the middle. I've phoned
their support line and been told that this is an issue with the L90D+
and they have had lots of dead pixel reports and exchanges.

It doesn't seem to stop them selling them however...... just a note
for any prospective buyers.

I am interested in this monitor because of its speed for games, but have not
been able to see the image quality for myself. When I tried 16ms LCD's I did
see a little blurring when other people said they did not notice any. I
think maybe I am real picky because I am comparing it to my Sony Trinitron
CRT in a side by side comparison so things are more evident. I noticed that
in UT2004 on the 16ms LCD when starring closely at an object and moving not
fast but a slow to medium speed I saw a but of blurring or at least slight
out of focus of the object. Also when on the desktop and you move a window
box across the screen you can see the text get fuzzy, but on the CRT the
text stays in focus although maybe a little jumpy.
So I am wondering if when you say no blurring with the L90D+ , does the
picture stay completely in focus (or at least as much as CRT) when moving in
a game or text when moving a window box ?

About the dead pixel, is it stuck off (black) or on (bright white). So do
they exchange it for one dead pixel?

Thanks,
Lou

MGamer

Lou said:
[...]

I have a L90D+ and there is some motion blur. It is inevitable in
LCD’s until they are at 0ms resonse time. And, I also have a dead
pixel and they are replacing it for me. I have a bright red one in
the middle. It does not show on white backgrounds, but the more color
or darker the screen gets in that spot, the more obvious it is. The
image on this LCD is very nice, and when I’m not playing a game, or
even on certain games, I prefer to be in analog instead of DVI because
I can adust the color in analog mode. In games like Syberia 2, I
prefer to be in analog because there aren’t really any fast motion
scenes and the color setting I have in analog produces a better look
for that game. but in other games, like FarCry or Star Wars: Republic
Commando, I lilke to be in DVI for less blurring effect. But the
blurring is noticable, even at 8ms.

Vikram, S

Hi,

I would like to know if you bought this in the United States and if
yes from which store? Is the return from the store or directly from
Hyundai and are
they replacing even with 1 dead pixel?

Also is the native resolution of this monitor 1280x1024? and based on
ur experience so far would you recommend it for others?

Thanks and Regards,
Vikram

MGamer

Vikram said:
Hi,

I would like to know if you bought this in the United States
and if
yes from which store? Is the return from the store or directly
from
Hyundai and are
they replacing even with 1 dead pixel?

Also is the native resolution of this monitor 1280x1024? and
based on
ur experience so far would you recommend it for others?

Thanks and Regards,
Vikram

(e-mail address removed) (Thomas Popple) wrote in message

I bought mine from NewEgg.com When I recieved it I wa aware that a
dead pixel was a possibilty, but when the pixel was right near the
center of the screen I decided that it wasn’t fair. I called the
manufacturer immediately and explained my position, nicely, and the
guy agreed. A dead pixel in the center certainly was hard to put up
with. He said, if NewEgg would take it back and give me a
replacement, that he would be sure to warranty it for them. NewEgg
agreed without any convincing and hopefully my new one will be here in
a couple of days.

For the price, with this quality and a 19", yes I would recommend the
monitor. And not only becuase I bought it. But because 8ms response
time is the best available as far as I know for an LCD. And, the size
is GREAT. the native resolution is 1280 x 1024. But such high native
resolutions are not available on all games, even some of the newer
ones, like sid meier’s pirates. I have also read that to achieve
this lower resonse time they had to sacrifice a little, like some
viewing angle etc. But all and all, for an LCD, it feels like a good
purchase. And since everything is heading in the direction of the
LCD, I got mine.

PS, I may have to upgrade from an Nforce2 w/ amd 2600 xp with a gig of
ram, to an Nforce3 w/ amd athlon 64 3000 so that I make up for the
loss of computing power my computer must surrender to redraw at the
higher resolutions. Maybe I’m just fussy. But I am running a Geforce
6600 GT and I want to take full advantage with no worry about my cpu
catching up.

Vikram, S

Cool! I ordered it today from www.tigerdirect.com. I am running a
Athlon64 3200+ on a Asus nForce 3 based Motherboard with 1 GB RAM. But
am stuck with AGP - ATI Radeon 9700 Pro - I hope I can manage with that
card!

Vikram

Vikram, S

Yes it does.
And from what I have seen so far everything has been fine from DVD
Watching to Gaming...
Good Buy...

Vikram

ViewtifulRon

I have problems with my DVI on my L90D+

I have an AMD64 3500+(90nm!!), 1GB ram and a x700pro

it seems the screen just starts to flicker and lose video

VGA works fine tho.