Hyperlinks

Eileen Jeffree

I have a spreadsheet with a series of hyperlinks pointing
to .pdf & .doc files on the same server as the spreadsheet.
It seems at random that some hyperlinks stop working and I
receive either "The address of this site is not valid.
Check the address and try again." or "Cannot open the
specified file" error messages. When I recreate the
hyperlink back to the same file, it works fine but I don't
want to keep doing this for hundreds of links.
Any ideas on how to preserve these links?
There are spaces in the filepath - but I didn't think that
would be a problem.

David McRitchie

Hi Eileen,
If it is only the ones with spaces with the problem try substituting %32 for a space.

thanks for the tip, but unfortunately no joy. Is there
anything else other than spaces that could be the issue?