'Huntigowk Day' (April Fool)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
So ... what's the best you've seen in the media?

:user:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
1. Even the BBC's announcement on the return of VHS videos managed to catch some people out in another carefully crafted April Fool offering.

Customers logging onto the BBC Store website today were alerted to the news that video tapes were set for a comeback.

"BBC Store already allows you to buy, download and keep your favourite BBC shows, but very soon for every purchase you make on BBC Store, we will send you a free VHS straight to your door.

"For the first time many recent hit shows including Luther and Happy Valley will now be available to view in this treasured format alongside their BBC Store digital release."

On Twitter, Nikki Miller asked: "How did the BBC know I'd always wanted to watch my favourite shows on VHS? I predict the end of illegal streaming."

2. Voda-drone
The BBC and You Tube are not the only big names to realise that getting in on April Fool fun is a good way of encouraging people to talk about their brand.

Mobile phone network Vodafone put an advert on its website for a Voda-drone, promising to deploy an on demand service to reach areas that do not have network coverage. But at the end of the Voda-drone's description readers learn that it is all just a big gag:

"Unfortunately these drones aren't available at every store yet because it's April 1st, and if you've read this far we want to wish you a happy April Fool's Day from everyone at Vodafone."

Voda.JPG

:D

Ask a Question