Huge problem with Samsung HM250JI

yellowchilli

hi all

need a bit of help here..

my new hm250ji has been clicking away every 30mins ish. ok so that MAY
well be down to power management...however..
on intensive hdd activity, xp will put it into PIO mode which slows
everything down until i uninstall the disk controller driver and let
it reinstall itself..

so i ended up doing a complete new install of xp

problem came when the 2 partitions decided to swap drive letters so
that xp wouldnt boot.
then, when i finally gave up on fixing that problem (to which ive
found no solution at all)

so, another new installation.
but this time, before i got too far, i found that my hdd is being
recognised as a 78gb.

Samsung's EStool didnt help as it couldnt complete a low level format.
couldnt reclaim native size etcetc..........

so, please. somebody....

thanks for you time.

Odie

yellowchilli wrote in news:edf490c9-629d-4e32-9321-714bedfffc98@s33g2000pri.googlegroups.com
[...]

It's gone to harddrive heaven. You into necrophilia?

yellowchilli

its too young for that i only just bought it 2 weeks ago..

ok now its paedo-necro even lol

Arno Wagner

Previously yellowchilli said:
its too young for that i only just bought it 2 weeks ago..

That is called "infant mortaliry" by hardware experts.
Probability of death decreases during the first few months
of use.

Arno

yellowchilli

well anyway thanks for the responses guys.
im going to have to take it back to the shop..

Rod Speed

John Turco said:
Hello, Folkert:

Shameless mimicking of one of Rod Speed's favorite lines!

The death squad has its orders.

Remains to be seen if those bludgers get their act into gear this time tho.