Hsbc Scam

Reaction score
Just to tell people not to fall for this e-mail scam

Dear Sir/Madam,

HSBC Bank Plc is hereby announcing the New Security Upgrade. We've upgraded our new SSL servers to serve our customers for a better and secure banking service,against any fraudulent activities.

Due to this recent upgrade, you are requested to update your account information by clicking the link below.

I have removed the url

HSBC Bank Plc
Security Advisor
HSBC Bank PLC.

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered.
For assistance, log in to your HSBC Online Bank account and choose the "Help" link on any page.

HSBC Email ID # 1009

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Thanks Michael :thumb:

I get loads of these emails allegedly from all sorts of banks both here and abroad - the big giveaway I suppose is I ain't got an account with any of them :D

I'd like to think no-ones that stupid to fall for it - but I'd also like to think everyone is sensible enough to secure their PC's too.....:rolleyes:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Nice one ..

But who would input their details to an e-mail !!!!!

A LOONEY !!!!!!

Reaction score
Never ever give information to anyone via email.:wall: I never look at these types of emails DELETE.:nod:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I get a few of these each day too, plus loads of RBOS ones! They must work on quite a few people unfortunately :(

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I just had one supposedly from Barclays which did actually look genuine at first glance.

But Mailwasher showed that it linked to somewhere in Germany.

In retaliation, I've e-mailed the sender a never-ending loop of the birdie song, in a Trojan form :)

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I just had one supposedly from Barclays which did actually look genuine at first glance.

But Mailwasher showed that it linked to somewhere in Germany.

In retaliation, I've e-mailed the sender a never-ending loop of the birdie song, in a Trojan form :)

Well done :nod::thumb:

Although gmail seems to filter them very well, I get these things through my old email account all the time & since that account is hooked up to thunderbird it downloads all of them onto my computer. Twice they've brought viruses with them. I would so love to be able to mail something like that back to them :nod:

Ask a Question