HP colour laserjet 3550 "paper jam"

Reaction score
Hi,
Please can anyone help with a problem concerning my HP Color Laserjet 3550? I had a Paper jam' whilst printing, cleared the offending sheet plus the small piece that had torn off and become 'jammed'. The piece matched the missing part of the entire sheet, so I know there's no more paper 'jammed' inside. However... each time I try to use my printer I'm told there's a Paper jam' inside the door, or in the paper feeder, or just about anywhere else in the machine's 'vocabulary'!!

Obviously I can no longer print documents which are important to my line of work (Languages Teacher) and really need to sort the problem very quickly. I wonder if anyone can offer any constructive advice with regard to overcoming this 'glitch'?

I would really appreciate any help available.
Many thanks,

Rachel

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Try and access the rollers that feed the paper through and turn them manually.

They may well be stuck in mid feed position which the printer would interpret as a paper jam.

Reaction score
Hi, Thanks for that, but I've actually already tried just about everything I can think of without success.
Rachel

Reaction score
Hi again,
I did actually follow your suggestion and tried again, but to no avail.
The printer itself offers step-by-step instruction on how to clear/rectify a 'paper-jam', but despite this, it still registers a problem and of course, refuses to print!
Any other suggestions gratefully received.
Rachel

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You could try disconnecting the power for ten seconds or so then re-connecting, it may help.

Other than that, if you say you're positive all paper has been removed from the print path, I have not a clue I'm afraid other than to suggest the printer may be damaged.

Ask a Question