HP Color LaserJet webpage

M

myrddinbach

Due to security reasons and PCI specifications our local lan is
divided up into various network segments.

We just got a new HP Color LaserJet CP4005 but I can only get into the
web interface if Im on a computer in the same network. I heard
somewhere this is by design. Is this true? Is there any way to allow
you to get to the webinterface from a different network? I can get
into the webinterface of all our other HP printers that are on
different networks - just not this new one.

Any ideas, help, or suggestions?

Thanks.

M

measekite

Ian D wrote:

"myrddinbach" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Due to security reasons and PCI specifications our local lan is divided up into various network segments. We just got a new HP Color LaserJet CP4005 but I can only get into the web interface if Im on a computer in the same network. I heard somewhere this is by design. Is this true? Is there any way to allow you to get to the webinterface from a different network? I can get into the webinterface of all our other HP printers that are on different networks - just not this new one. Any ideas, help, or suggestions? Thanks.

Could it be that you are reaching the printer, but its response is being blocked from crossing to the other network segments by network security?

It could also not be getting through if the subnets are different.

M

myrddinbach

Ian D wrote:"myrddinbach"<[email protected]>wrote in messagenews:7f1b7841-47a7-4bb8-b9ca-a275b60dadbf@j7g2000prm.googlegroups.com...Due to security reasons and PCI specifications our local lan is divided up into variousnetwork segments. We just got a new HP Color LaserJet CP4005 but I can only get into the web interface if Im on a computer in the same network. I heard somewhere this is by design. Is this true? Is there any way to allow youto get to the webinterface from a different network? I can get into the webinterface of all our other HP printers that are on different networks - just not this new one. Any ideas, help, or suggestions? Thanks.Could it be that you are reaching the printer, but its response is being blocked from crossing to the other network segments by network security?

No because as I said I can get to the webpage of OTHER hp printers on
the same subnet.

Im on one subnet -all printers are on another subnet.

I can get to the web interface of all the printers except this one.

That's why Im asking if they changed it so you can only get to the ews
if you are on the same subnet - which is a really stupid thing to do
if you ask me because what if you are managing lots of printers across
several subnets on a large network?

Ask a Question