HP 8450 paper feed problems

R

richardcw

I have an HP 8450 which generally works really well. I'm pleased with
the fact that it Ethernet interface too.

But it has stopped feeding paper properly:
- It will sometimes grab multiple sheets, printing some of the page on
each
- Also it really doesn't like printing on both sides of the paper
(using the "manual" method, feeding paper through a second time).
Double sided printing often results in grabbing of multiple sheets.

Does anyone know how to make the paper feed behave properly, please?

Yours hopefully
Richard :^)

M

measekite

Not familiar with that model.  Had those kind of problems with earlier models.  The 990 series did not have those problems. On the earlier problematic models the rollers at times became glazed.  I would clean them with alcohol and then get some fine sand paper and just rough them up.  Be sure to wipe them down after the sand.  This may help.

richardcw wrote:

I have an HP 8450 which generally works really well. I'm pleased with the fact that it Ethernet interface too. But it has stopped feeding paper properly: - It will sometimes grab multiple sheets, printing some of the page on each - Also it really doesn't like printing on both sides of the paper (using the "manual" method, feeding paper through a second time). Double sided printing often results in grabbing of multiple sheets. Does anyone know how to make the paper feed behave properly, please? Yours hopefully Richard :^)

Ask a Question