How to stop 'Egg Timer'

MichaelRobert

I want to stop the (part of the program that presents the) 'Egg Timer'
symbol when I run my macro.

If the user clicks on cell "b3" when it already contains a Part Number, I
want a message Box to appear. The following code does the trick, except that
the Egg Timer symbol appears until the OK button is clicked in the MsgBox.

If IsError(Range("B3").Value) = False Then GoTo DoubleClickDoubleClick:
Sheets("Main Page").Select
MsgBox "Part Number has already been assigned."
Range("B2").Select
Exit Sub

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Mike

John Bundy

Your program is "stepping on itself", put a DoEvents between the sheet select
and the message box, that should fix you up.

Jim Cone

You are missing the line...
Application.Cursor = xlDefault
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"MichaelRobert"
wrote in message
I want to stop the (part of the program that presents the) 'Egg Timer'
symbol when I run my macro.

If the user clicks on cell "b3" when it already contains a Part Number, I
want a message Box to appear. The following code does the trick, except that
the Egg Timer symbol appears until the OK button is clicked in the MsgBox.

If IsError(Range("B3").Value) = False Then GoTo DoubleClickDoubleClick:
Sheets("Main Page").Select
MsgBox "Part Number has already been assigned."
Range("B2").Select
Exit Sub

What am I missing?
Thanks.
Mike

MichaelRobert

John:

Many thanks. That did the trick. Now I need to understand why I had created
the problem, and how DoEvents fixed it! But it is fun to learn these things.

Mike