Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
oh, its not incomprehensible.... i just cant read it :D

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
:lol: lmao

dun worry, us okkers down under all went to the pack yonks ago, can't yabba a word of english straight up, but quite áppy to give ya a good ear bashin all the same.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
nivrip said:
Wonderful !!!

Can't understand how this is incomprehensible to some.

One small point - we spell it "wazzocks", said on a very respectable BBC Tv programme as possibly a combination of w***** and pillock although that would surely make wankocks wouldn't it?

Aye trouble wi' BBC is its run by folk who read a book an 'as nowt to do wi real world . Wazak = fool as you can see from the wiki link and depending on the tone of voice or context used can be a friendly jibe or a half serious insult . I'm not familiar with the term wazzocks as you have described but it wouldn't suprise me to learn that aunti beeb had got it wrong . On the other hand yorkshire is a very big county and local variations in words and meaning are common . :D

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Oh, yes, & an "ear bashing" isn't a threat of violence. Just refers to someone who talks incessantly...

& okkers is more Australian slang, a mildly deroatory term for someone who's a bit thick or else who is 'boorish' & can be used affectionately as well as a mild insult. More likely to be heard out the wop-wops than in the cities these days. The traditional beer bellied aussie always with a tinnie in his hand in other words.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
yea
i think i'll stick with speaking american :p

Ask a Question