how to shrink the size of digital camera images?

networm

HI all,

I have a bunch of digital camera images: right click on them, and select
"send to recipient", Windows XP has a very nice feature to ask me if I want
to make them smaller before sending them out. It goes down from 200KB to
30KB for a JPEG image. I like this feature.

Now can I use this feature when not sending pictures out in email? For
example, I want to post pictues on line... I cannot see where can I find the
auto-shrink feature.

Please don't advise me to download any photoshop software, etc. I don't have
money and time to play around with a sophiscated software; I just need a
shortcut as simple and as quick as possible... hopefully in 2 seconds, all
my images will be shrinked in size...

Thanks a lot!

Dr Teeth

I have a bunch of digital camera images: right click on them, and select
"send to recipient", Windows XP has a very nice feature to ask me if I want
to make them smaller before sending them out. It goes down from 200KB to
30KB for a JPEG image. I like this feature.

First thing I do after a reinstall is disable this feature. Each to
their own said:
Now can I use this feature when not sending pictures out in email? For
example, I want to post pictues on line... I cannot see where can I find the
auto-shrink feature.

It is only for emailing. You will have to get the image resizing
powertoy from MSoft's web site.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Now can I use this feature when not sending pictures out in email? For
example, I want to post pictues on line... I cannot see where can I find the
auto-shrink feature.

Why not send them to yourself?! This will give you shrunken versions!

networm

AndrewMead said:
Why not send them to yourself?! This will give you shrunken versions!

Ahha, this is the smartest solution I've seen!
:=)
Great!
The only problem with this approach is that it is not fastest!

Reason:

Sending out a bunch of images is easy. But save a bunch of attached images
into local directory is pain in the neck for Outlook 2003.

I have to save one image after another.

Suppose you have 10 images in attachment. That's terrible.

Shelly F

I do not have the OP to quote.
I recommend free Picasa 2 to send pix of exactly the proper size via
e-mail.
Suggest y'all use Google to locate if interested.

networm said:
Ahha, this is the smartest solution I've seen!
:=)
Great!
The only problem with this approach is that it is not fastest!

Reason:
Sending out a bunch of images is easy. But save a bunch of attached images
into local directory is pain in the neck for Outlook 2003.
I have to save one image after another.
Suppose you have 10 images in attachment. That's terrible.

You can delete the incoming email - they will (should) be in your 'sent
items' folder.

Jim Macklin

IRFANVIEW will do batch processing...and it is free.

some support

message

wrote in message

out in email? For
see where can I find

| > > Why not send them to yourself?! This will give you
shrunken versions!

| > Ahha, this is the smartest solution I've seen!
| > :=)
| > Great!
| > The only problem with this approach is that it is not
fastest!

| > Reason:
|
| > Sending out a bunch of images is easy. But save a bunch
of attached images
| > into local directory is pain in the neck for Outlook
2003.

| > I have to save one image after another.
|
| > Suppose you have 10 images in attachment. That's
terrible.

| You can delete the incoming email - they will (should) be
in your 'sent
| items' folder.

johnf

In what ways is it better? What can it do that Irfanview can't?
(IrfanView is also freeware)

Glen

Try a free program called Paint.NET. Its made by a university student and is
similar to photoshop and paint shop pro. Im not talking about advanced
features but it certainly has enough features for most people.

Glen