How to show slide objects in the VBA Editor

G

Gary Bartlett

I have done quite a bit of VBA work in Excel and have just begun doing some in Powerpoint.

I've been testing out different functionality on one slide - all works just fine.

I've now added a second slide - but notice that it doesn't appear in the VBA Project Explorer. (I.e. the only slide under the Microsoft PowerPoint Objects node in the VBA Project Explorer within the Visual Basic for Applications Editor is my first slide).

How does one get slides to appear in this collection? I have no problem inserting modules - just don't know how to make slides visible so that I can put private, event-driven slide-specific VBA code against them.

Thanks very much!

Gary

G

Gary Bartlett

Ok - worked this one out, so in case anyone else has the same problem, here's the solution:
1. Navigate to the slide that you want to add VBA code to (that doesn't appear in the VBA Editor navigator).
2. Add a control from the Beveloper Tab - like a button.
3. Smile smugly - the slide will now appear in the VBA Browser. You can delete the button immediately, if you like.

G

Gary Bartlett

Ok - worked this one out, so in case anyone else has the same problem, here's the solution:
1. Navigate to the slide that you want to add VBA code to (that doesn't appear in the VBA Editor navigator).
2. Add a control from the Developer Tab - like a button.
3. Smile smugly - the slide will now appear in the VBA Browser. You can delete the button immediately, if you like.

Ask a Question