how to send an Outlook daily calendar summary?

Would like to send calendar daily views to others who may or maynot have
Outlook. I have tried file-print-then print to file, which stores a .PRN file
locally. But have not been able to open this .prn file with the correct
associated program, thus sending a file that can't be properly opened to
others is useless.

Help would be appreciated.

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

The closest Outlook can come to a built-in method for sending a calendar as
a single file attachment is to export the Calendar folder to a file, then
sending the exported file.

However, if you have Word, you can use one of the Word templates listed at
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar.htm#print to push the Outlook data
into a Word document, then attach that document to a message.

If you have Visio 2003, you can use the Import Outlook Data Wizard to create
a calendar from Outlook data, using a filter to include only certain
appointments. The resulting .vsd file can then be sent as an attachment.

For a VBA code solution that creates an HTML-format mail message containing
any single day's appointment list, see
http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=24 .

Another technique is to use a third-part tool called ClipForm
(http://www.ivitar.com/clipform/). This tool uses templates to export
Outlook data -- a whole folder or selected items -- to the Windows
clipboard, text file, HTML email message, or other file types.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Sending Outlook Calendar items" <Sending Outlook Calendar
news:[email protected]...

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar.htm#print

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to

After furious head scratching, Sending Outlook Calendar items asked:

| Would like to send calendar daily views to others who may or maynot
| have Outlook. I have tried file-print-then print to file, which
| stores a .PRN file locally. But have not been able to open this .prn
| file with the correct associated program, thus sending a file that
| can't be properly opened to others is useless.
|
| Help would be appreciated.

Thank you Sue for posting a detailed solution. The Word template solution
works.
Unfortunately Outlook 98 does not run VBA macros thus I could not use the
code for sending the daily appointments. I mistakenly assumed that since
outlook presented a print to file option in File-Print dialog box, that the
file that was created would be printable and could be sent. Shouldn't .PRN
files that are created from the print to file option, simply be recognized by
W2000 as a standard file extention type and opened with a corresponding
windows associated program, since the daily style printout view is simply
what I was trying to send.

Thanks again for your response

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Just because Outlook 98 doesn't have its own VBA environment doesn't mean
that you can't automate Outlook with VBA. Instead, you can adapt the code to
run from Word's or even Excel's VBA environment.

Print to File almost never creates a human-readable file. The resulting .prn
file is in a binary format specific to your printer driver.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"sending outlook calendar items (Gilles)" <sending outlook calendar items
(Gilles)@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

John Kirkwood via OfficeKB.com

Also, printing to a portable document format (like Adobe PDF) would allow
you to send a 'printable' version of your calendar.

I use PDF995 (http://www.pdf995.com/) to print to PDF from anywhere - it is
very handy and most people have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed now.

Thank you John, This solution is easy and multi use for other similar issues.
thanks again
Gilles