How to run SQL queries from Access 2003?

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm not able to run SQL queries from Access 2003.

I've coneected to MSDE (which is on the same machine I'm working on). I've selected a Database 'TastDB'. Now I want to run a script (containing 'Create Table') on TestDB from Access.

How can it be done? I've searched this forum as well as the Access help but couldn't do this.

I found following steps, but couln't found step 4 mentioned below (i.e. On the Query menu, point to SQL Specific). I don't see SQL Specific button there:
  1. In the Database window (Database window: The window that appears when you open an Access database or an Access project. It displays shortcuts for creating new database objects and opening existing objects.), click Queries
    default.aspx
    under Objects, and then click New on the Database window toolbar.
  2. In the New Query dialog box, click Design View, and then click OK.
  3. Without adding tables or queries, click Close in the Show Table dialog box.
  4. On the Query menu, point to SQL Specific, and then click Data Definition.
  5. Enter the SQL statement for your data-definition query. Each data-definition query consists of just one data-definition statement.
Can anybody help???

~Nitin

Ask a Question