How to run an application as a service in W2K

G

I understand it is possible to run an application as a service without the use of autoexnt (from the W2K toolkit).

I have a UPS and its software does not give me the option of installing it as a service so that it will run when no one is logged on. It does automatically launch when a user logs on, but terminates when the user logs off.

I tried setting it up as a scheduled task that runs on start-up, but this only works during the initial pre-user-login state. After a user logs off and the software terminates, it does not run until another user logs on.

Thanks,
Cal.

T

Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\)

Cal said:
I understand it is possible to run an application as a service without the use of autoexnt (from the W2K toolkit).

I have a UPS and its software does not give me the option of installing it as a service so that it will run when no one is logged on. It does automatically launch when a user logs on, but terminates when the user logs off.
Hi

If you don't have access to the Win2k Resource kit,
srvany.exe/instsrv.exe from the free NT 3.5 Resource kit is
an option:

http://groups.google.com/[email protected]

Ask a Question