How to restore full system backup with ASR disc?

Can anybody tell me how to restore a full system backup with an ASR disc? I did a full system backup (XP-Pro) which included burning a separate ASR disc only hours before my system crashed. I don't have the XP 'real' install disc, but am able to reimage the system back to day one with the discs provided by the manufacturer. Am I supposed to try to boot from the ASR floppy?
I have attempted to restore the system back to day one and then use the backup utility to restore the system, including system state, but each time the system fails to come up properly after everything has transferred. This method also doesn't make use of the ASR disc which makes me think that I'm doing something wrong....

Help please?

Carey Frisch [MVP]

To recover from a system failure using Automated System Recovery:

1. Make sure you have the following items before you begin the recovery procedure:
--Your previously created Automated System Recovery (ASR) floppy disk.
--Your previously created backup media.
--The original operating system installation CD.
2. Insert the original operating system installation CD into your CD drive.
3. Restart your computer. If prompted to press a key in order to start the computer from CD, press the
appropriate key.
4. Press F2 when prompted during the text-only mode section of Setup.
You will be prompted to insert the ASR floppy disk you have previously created.
5. Follow the directions on the screen.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP