How to Read File Properties Programmatically

Excel 2003. Can anyone tell me a Visual Basic code sequence or call that
will read one or more of a file's properties (this includes any file not just
Excel files)? In particular, I want to read the Revision Number found on the
Summary tab when you go to file properties from windows explorer.

If I have picked the wrong forum, please excuse me. I have tried to find
the proper place to ask this question and have not been able to find a fit.
Thanks and God bless.

Jim Cone

Chip Pearson shows how...
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/docprop.htm
(at the bottom is the section on closed files)
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Chaplain Doug"
<[email protected]>
wrote in message
Excel 2003. Can anyone tell me a Visual Basic code sequence or call that
will read one or more of a file's properties (this includes any file not just
Excel files)? In particular, I want to read the Revision Number found on the
Summary tab when you go to file properties from windows explorer.
If I have picked the wrong forum, please excuse me. I have tried to find
the proper place to ask this question and have not been able to find a fit.
Thanks and God bless.--
Dr. Doug Pruiett
Good News Jail & Prison Ministry
www.goodnewsjail.org