How to "OPEN WEB" in FrontPage 2002 Trial after creating by templ.

I received a CD in the mail from Microsoft. Trial for FrontPage2002. I
installed it OK. I opened it and ran the template wizard to create a web. I
use Front Page in my Office 2000 and it works fine. I use IIS 5.0 on the
machine. I use server extensions 2002. I run a LAN with a twenty six page
site. FP2002 won't open the WEB on the LAN or any WEB that I create with it.
Event messages report Faulting FP2002. Nothing specific except FAULT BUCKET.
I think it's a full featured trial version with all options enabled. I can
open the webs I create with every other HTML editor I have, just not the
Microsoft FP 2002 that they are created in. FP2002 activated over the
internet and it won't allow me to install it on any other machines. I wanted
to see if it was just the permissions setup on this one machine or something.
I used error reporting about hundred times. I'm tired of it now. I wish it
would work.

Jens Peter Karlsen[FP MVP]

Sure it wasn't FP2003? Otherwise the CD must have been a long time
underway.:)
Anyway. If you have ZoneLabs ZoneAlarm installed, it may cause a
conflict. If so, try upgrading to the latest version.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

Yes, I do indeed have ZoneAlarm Running. Do you think shutting it off may
work or do I need to uninstall the ZA...? I'm using version 2.6 because of
it's low resource consumption. The new versions use up to 650% more resources
so I never upgraded.
Oh, I just got around to installing it recently for some reason. Now I see
there is a newer version. I wanted to see if there was a graphic interface
for changing the cell sizes yet. I mean instead of hardcoding them in HTML. I
heard I could drag the dotted lines around and change the box sizes in
FP2002. Is FP2003 that way, please?
God Bless you and yours and Merry, Merry Christmas!

Jens Peter Karlsen said:
Sure it wasn't FP2003? Otherwise the CD must have been a long time
underway.:)
Anyway. If you have ZoneLabs ZoneAlarm installed, it may cause a
conflict. If so, try upgrading to the latest version.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: How to "OPEN WEB" in FrontPage 2002 Trial after
creating by templ.
Subject: How to "OPEN WEB" in FrontPage 2002 Trial after
[...]

Thomas A. Rowe

All versions of FP allow you to change table cell sizes via the cell dialog, however you will want
to avoid dragging the borders, as you can some times end up with total cells width values that are
greater than the width of the table which will lead to viewing problems for users.

I would suggest first disabling ZA, then if that doesn't work uninstall it. If you are running
Windows XP, use the build in firewall instead of ZA.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Jens Peter Karlsen said:
[...]

troll

http://www.plsgoogleit.com/

Jens Peter Karlsen said:
[...]

I find it very odd that I can create a website from the templates wizards,
successfully publish it to IIS 5.0, and then not be able to open it. Yet, I
can view the published web from any browser on the LAN and the site navigates
flawlessly.
Front Page 2002 Trial (30 Days CD from Microsoft)
Windows 2000 Professional SP4
Office XP Professional
SQL Server 2000 SP3a
IIS 5.0 w/FP2002 Server Extensions
Net Framework etc, etc, etc
I've shut down the Zone Alarm but without any positive results. I'll shut
off the supporting services and try again. Zone Alarm has that background
service that never shuts down (except manually). I may have to uninstall it.
I may have simply put this program on the wrong machine altogether.
Ironic, isn't it ? I can make these great looking web pages in Publisher,
Power Point and Word, but the flagship program won't run. I bought Microsoft
Office 2000 Professional which came with everything - PwrPnt, Pub, FP, Word,
Excel, Access, Outlook - and it was pricy! When Office XP came out, I thought
WOW!! This is great! I bought the Office XP Professional at the same place.
There was no Pub in it, no FP and maybe some of the others and it cost
hundreds more! Now I know why those things aren't in it. They may not even
work together from what I can see. And of course to rub it in, the versioning
schema has been so poluted that I doubt even someone at Microsoft could tell
us what versions are in Office XP Professional. I thought FP2002 was the
version that went with my OfficeXP Professional. It's so humiliating being
this dumb. Too bad there's not a little checkbox in IIS 5.0 that says "Please
let my FP2002 access these files and folders." I'd definately check the box.
Anyway, I have until Jan 31st to try it. It looks grim. I read a report
that says the chinese can buy FP2003 for $26 USD on the mainland. Who needs
Americans.
I thank you for your time and patience. This is a wonderful forum for
knowlegable people to help the simple minded like me. God Bless America and
God Bless our Troops.

troll said:
http://www.plsgoogleit.com/

:

[...]

I am using FrontPage 2000 on a new computer with VISTA. I can not open a web
on this computer, but it opens ok on my other computers. I get an error that
says the folder is not accessable or needs a password. Of course it requires
a password, but it does not ask for one. On my other computers I am asked
for the username and password and the web opens.

Can you tell me what the problem is?

Thomas A. Rowe

What is the OS of the other machine?

Thomas A. Rowe
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

http://www.Ecom-Data.com

The other computer is running XP. And I have another also running XP and it
works fine also.

Dan

Thomas A. Rowe

How are you opening the webs on the XP machines, via C:\... or http:// ?