How to merge data from two outlook forms?

L

Luki

Hi,
I have two different custom forms in Outlook contacts. I need to fill out automaticly data from these two types of forms into document template (word/excel/body of email/doesn't metter).
If I had to fill my template with data from only one form, there was no problem, I used merge mail. But I have no idea how to do this with data from two forms. :?

Please, does somebody have idea, how can I do this? Is it possible with macro/VBScript or not?
Thanks in advance,
Jan
-
Have a nice day :)

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

It's not clear just what you're trying to do. Forms are UI/code templates. They contain no data themselves.

Are you saying that you want to use the data from two different items to fill a template-based document? What relationship do those two items have?

H

Hollis Paul

If I had to fill my template with data from only one form, there was no problem, I used merge mail. But I have no idea how to do this with data from two forms. :?
If we are talking about just two source forms, then you can manually past each form's data into
Excel and then use Excel as the mail merge source.

L

Luki

Hi Sue,
I am sorry..

Are you saying that you want to use the data from two different items to fill a template-based document? ..yes :)

My example:
I have all data in two types(two different items)of contacts ..Schools and Pupils. ..so I have there two different custom forms. Relation: in Pupil contact is the name of his school(s). I need to use data from Pupil and School Items to fill into one document template (the best would be automatically).
E.g. in Word's document template using mail merge u can define the fields, which are replaced by/filled with data from the contact (e.g. pupil) automatically. And I would like to fill there data from pupils and schools(two different Outlook contacts forms).

I think, that I'll have to write code in VBS, or not? Thanks a lot for some better or easier solution..

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Yes, you will need to write code to do this. If you want the code to run as part of an Outlook form, it will be VBSCript.

Ask a Question