How to install WebDav on Win2003 server, XP offline access,shadow

I have setup a Windows Server 2003 (enterprise edition) for trial. I have
read that Windows Server 2003 provides WebDav for users to access file system
via IE, XP PCs can access documents from Windows Server 2003 offline, and the
shadow copy.

Any technical installation guide (step-by-step) and configuration guide to
address the above features of Windows Server 2003.

Thanks.

Rashmi.K.Y [MSFT]

Hi,

Please look at the following links:

Flash Movie By Microsoft For How To Use It On Windows 2000
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/demos/mod18.htm

About WebDAV
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/standard/p
roddocs/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/stan
dard/proddocs/en-us/pub_dav_aboutwebdav.asp

Creating Publishing Directories
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/standard/p
roddocs/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/stan
dard/proddocs/en-us/pub_dav_createpubdir.asp

Web Authoring with WebDAV
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/standard/p
roddocs/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/stan
dard/proddocs/en-us/pub_dav_webdav.asp?frame=true

HOW TO: Create a Secure WebDAV Publishing Directory
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q323470

I hope the information in these articles help.

Thank you,

Rashmi

From: "=?Utf-8?B?VGVyZW5jZQ==?=" <[email protected]>
Subject: How to install WebDav on Win2003 server, XP offline access,shadow
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 20:04:02 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system

I have setup a Windows Server 2003 (enterprise edition) for trial. I have
read that Windows Server 2003 provides WebDav for users to access file
system
via IE, XP PCs can access documents from Windows Server 2003 offline, and
the
shadow copy.

Any technical installation guide (step-by-step) and configuration guide to
address the above features of Windows Server 2003.

Thanks.

Thank you for your valuable advice. I could successfully setup a WebDAV by
following the articles that you provide.

According to pag 12 of the article "Windows Server 2003 Techniacl Overview
of File Services", Windows Server 2003 File System offers offline files
access to Windows XP users. Next step, I want to test it. Any technical
articles about the file offline access and step-by-step configuration on
Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP PC.

Thanks again.
Terence