How to install east asian language files

G

I want to be able to write in Japanese script in outlook express and works. I have selected east asian languages in the regional languages page. And I have selected Japanese in outlook as well as works. I also have the language bar on the desk top that lets me select English or Japanese. But still no Japanese script. When I check the box for east asian languages on the regional language page, a message comes up that says the files will be installed, but nothing happens. I don't see anything installing. I also cannot type in Japanese. I am wondering if windows xp home ed. contains the east Asian files. If anyone could help me I would be very thankful.

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

This page outlines the steps for installing East Asian languages on a computer running Windows XP
http://newton.uor.edu/Departments&P...pt/Language/asianlanguageinstallation_XP.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| I want to be able to write in Japanese script in outlook express and works. I have selected east asian
languages in the regional languages page. And I have selected Japanese in outlook as well as works. I also
have the language bar on the desk top that lets me select English or Japanese. But still no Japanese script.
When I check the box for east asian languages on the regional language page, a message comes up that says the
files will be installed, but nothing happens. I don't see anything installing. I also cannot type in
Japanese. I am wondering if windows xp home ed. contains the east Asian files. If anyone could help me I
would be very thankful.

B

Bruce Chambers

Greetings --

1) Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Languages,
Supplemental Language Support > Install files for East Asian
Languages.

2) Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Languages >
Details >
Default Input Language.

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on
having both at once. -- RAH

Dean said:
I want to be able to write in Japanese script in outlook express and
works. I have selected east asian languages in the regional languages
page. And I have selected Japanese in outlook as well as works. I
also have the language bar on the desk top that lets me select English
or Japanese. But still no Japanese script. When I check the box for
east asian languages on the regional language page, a message comes up
that says the files will be installed, but nothing happens. I don't
see anything installing. I also cannot type in Japanese. I am
wondering if windows xp home ed. contains the east Asian files. If
anyone could help me I would be very thankful.

Ask a Question