How to get the menu bar on top?

Today I installed Vista Home Premium.
Now I discovered that in explorer windows the menubar is below the address bar
simular to what IE7 does by default.
I know how to change this for IE7 but I haven't found the solution for
explorer.
Somebody has a clue up here?

Thanks in advance.

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Jan

Unfortunately we haven't found a way to move the menubar in WE on Vista?

Wayne Moses

Hello Mick,

MM> Open Windows Explorer > Organise > Layout > MenuBar.

I don't think that will solve what he is asking.

If I read his message properly, he is asking how to move the Menu Bar (which
I assume he knows how to activate, and which your message shows how to activate)
so that it is above the Address Bar.

It is not a drag-and-drop operation as with MSIE, even when the "Lock Toolbars"
is unchecked for the displayed Menu Bar.

I don't think it is possible without maybe a Registry hack.

Regards,
Wayne Moses
Houston, Texas

MM> "Jan" wrote:

Yes Wayne, that's what I mean.
I already found how to activate the menu bar but like said I would like to
have it
above the address bar simular to what you can do with IE7 and how it was in
the pre-Vista era. I hoped it could be done with a reghack like with IE7 but
from what
Ronnie said I don't think it is possible.