How to get the best from your Hard Drive - Defrag regularly!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Great little tutorial (under 5 minutes) on how to maintain your hard drive using IOBit Smart Defrag software.

I have been using this software for sometime and it is one of the best free defragging software out there.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
May I point out that Windows (XP, Vista, Win7) users have a "free" defragger built-in ...

You can open Disk Defragmenter by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Disk Defragmenter, and then, in the list of results, click Disk Defragmenter.

Do not run several different defragger's on the same system, you will not like the results. No they should not harm the drive in the short term, its just that every one will rearrange the drive their way. :lol:

Defraggers carved a market niche when there was a more valid need for them. :)

Oh, and if MS ever opt to use something like ext4 there would be NO use for a defragger.

:user:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
May I point out that Windows (XP, Vista, Win7) users have a "free" defragger built-in ...

You can open Disk Defragmenter by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Disk Defragmenter, and then, in the list of results, click Disk Defragmenter.

:user:

I have Win7 and use the inbuilt Defragger as Mucks states. I use the Scheduled Defrag which is set to run automatically once per week (at 0100 every Wednesday in my case) but it can be set to daily or monthly settings too.

Never have to even think about defragging. :)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Defraggler for a long time now, quicker than windows built in.

Ask a Question