How to get Preview Pane in separate Data File in Outlook 2002

For back-up and portability purposes, we use separate Outlook Data Files.
(File, New, Outlook Data File, ....) Then we use the Organizer Wizard
to move files from the Inbox to the appropriate data file. All of this
works great.

The only thing we can't figure out is how to turn on the preview pane on one
of these files. It works fine on the standard InBox or any Personal Folder
that is in the main *.PST file.

We use the described method (View, Current View, Other Settings, check by
Preview Pane) and we don't get any error message. However, we also do NOT
get the preview pane.

I do an update of windows, office, and virus at least twice a day. So, I
know we are current.

Any suggestions? What do we need to change?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Roady [MVP]

What happens when you select View-> Preview Pane?

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

That option is not available. It is not just "greyed out" it is not
available at all.

-----
LeapingL said:
[...]

And what if you reset the current view and the default Messages view on that
folder first?

--

LeapingL said:
[...]

Not sure what you mean. I did the "View, Current View, Other Settings,
checked mark by Preview Pane". Or, do you mean on the Properties of the
file?

By the way, I created the files. But when I right-click and select
properties, I do not have the Administration tab available. Is this where
you want me to look?

"LeapingL" wrote in message
That option is not available. It is not just "greyed out" it is not
available at all.

Roady [MVP]

No, View->Arrange By-> Current View-> Define Views...-> select the Messages
view-> press the Reset button-> press the Apply this View button
(translated from a Dutch machine so the translation may be a bit off)

--

:

"LeapingL" wrote in message
[...]

Well... that helped some. I can see the preview pan when I select a
Subfolder of the Data File. But it doesn't work when the main folder is
selected.