How to extract duplicate records from 4 spreadsheets into a separate spreedsheet?

M

Motivationalistic

Hi Fellows,

I have 3-4 excel spreadsheets with same sort of data. Each spreadsheet has 1000+ records, and each record has data ranging from column A to Z.
Some records are duplicate within these 4 spreadsheets. Now, I want to extract the duplicates into new spreadsheet like;

every record has a unique account number, I want to put a formula against the column which is the account number and it look up that account# in all the spreadsheets and then put the only duplicate records founds into a new spreadsheet from column A-Z (it should only extract the duplicate account numbers found i.e. 2,3 or 4 times duplicate).

Please if someone could help me out to populate that kind of formula.

Thank You!

I

isabelle

hi,

one possibility is to use the COUNTA formula,
another would be to use the MATCH formula
you can also combine it with the INDEX formula

isabelle

Le 2012-11-23 09:30, Motivationalistic a écrit :
Hi Fellows,

I have 3-4 excel spreadsheets with same sort of data. Each spreadsheet has 1000+ records, and each record has data ranging from column A to Z.
Some records are duplicate within these 4 spreadsheets. Now, I want to extract the duplicates into new spreadsheet like;

every record has a unique account number, I want to put a formula against the column which is the account number and it look up that account#

in all the spreadsheets and then put the only duplicate records founds
into a new spreadsheet from column A-Z (it should only extract the
duplicate account numbers found i.e. 2,3 or 4 times duplicate).

M

Maurizio Borrelli

Hi,
Merge all data in a new spreadsheet then:
Data
Sort & Filter
Advanced
<...>
[x] Unique records only

Ask a Question