How to enter several values separated by return key in a cell

Jane Humbrey

Hi Guys

G'day. I want to enter alpha, beta, gamma in an excel cell one by like :

Alpha(return key press)
Gamma(return key press)
Beta(return key press)
Zita

inside a single excel cell. But I couldn't. When I press the return key
after I entered the value Alpha it goes to next cell. How can we overcome
this and enter several values in one cell?

Thank you.

Jane

Ken Russell

Just hit the space bar instead of enter.

But why would you want to do this?

--
Ken Russell

| Hi Guys
|
| G'day. I want to enter alpha, beta, gamma in an excel cell one by like :
|
| Alpha(return key press)
| Gamma(return key press)
| Beta(return key press)
| Zita
|
| inside a single excel cell. But I couldn't. When I press the return key
| after I entered the value Alpha it goes to next cell. How can we overcome
| this and enter several values in one cell?
|
| Thank you.
|
| Jane

BrianB

Presumably you have formatted the cell to Wrap Text with Top alignment
- when Alt + Enter does what you wish.

REgards
BrianB

Jane Humbrey

Thanks Brian. It worked.

Regards
Jane

BrianB said:
Presumably you have formatted the cell to Wrap Text with Top alignment
- when Alt + Enter does what you wish.

REgards
BrianB

"Ken Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Jane Humbrey

Hi Guys

It worked. But we need to format the cell to Wrap Text with Top alignment.
Thanks a lot.

Regards
Jane

Jane Humbrey

Hi Ken

No, it didn't work. But I found the way.
We need to format the cell to Wrap Text with Top alignment and hit the
Alt+Enter key to enter those values. To keep the values related to a row I
want to do this.Thanks a lot.

Cheers