How to enable DCOM connection when user is logged off

G

Hello, VB client can connect to VB server ActiveX exe if a user is logged in on a machine where server.exe is running. If windows user is logged off - client cannot connect to server.ex
Part is a problem is because in dcomcnfg Identity is set to Interactive, but launching user doesn't work in any case and a 3rd option - if I specify user Identity, only works if the the user logged in on client machine is the specified user identity. any other user will fail to connect to server.ex

So if Interactive should be changed what should it be change to and what other setting need to be changed

currently authentication level is set to Connect and access/launch/configuration have everyone listed with full rights.

Thank you

G

Ok one correction. I switched from Interactive user to specified user. Win2000 Client can now access Win2000 server when server machine is logged off. WinXP client can only access Win2000 server only if same user is signed on both machines
BTW in WinXP I have adjusted Network security to Classic - local users authenticate as themselves. Any other suggestions?

Ask a Question