    that. Is there any utility that will display the owners of processes? If
    it could also display the process ID of the parent process, that would be
    nice too.

    void, Nov 10, 2006

  2. void

    PiErre Guest

    void ha scritto:

    > I notice that in the task manager of Windows XP, it shows the username of
    > the processes. However, the task manager in Windows 2000 does not display
    > that. Is there any utility that will display the owners of processes? If
    > it could also display the process ID of the parent process, that would be
    > nice too.

    until last week I would have answered to look to Mark Russinovich site
    called www . sysinternals . com, but it has been "assimilated" by
    microsoft and
    its current link is
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/default.mspx

    and, more in detail, for a cool taskmanager replacement:

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/processexplorer.mspx

    (assuming that M$ is not wasted Mark's work ;-PP)
    bye,
    PiErre

    PiErre, Nov 10, 2006