How to detect GSM network?

Tihomir Ignatov

Hi All,
How can I receive an info about GSM network on Pocket PC Phone Edition ?
For example:

Current GSM network
Available GSM networks
Signal quality

And ... how to change the current network???

Thanks
Tihomir

if your security model allows it, you can use RIL APIs.
If has methods like

HRESULT RIL_GetOperatorList(HRIL hRi);
HRESULT RIL_GetCurrentOperator(HRIL hRil,DWORD dwFormat );
HRESULT RIL_RegisterOnNetwork(HRIL hRil,DWORD dwMode, const
RILOPERATORNAMES* lpOperatorNames );
HRESULT RIL_GetSignalQuality(HRIL hRil);

etc...

Regards

ACP

Joined
Jul 16, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Some Server error

Hi,

First of all I would like to introduce myself.I am Indu working in windows mobile platform.Even I have the same requirement to find the GSM signal strength.When I googled I came across this posting and wanted to go ahead with this.But unfortunately I am not able to open the link provided.Could anyone of you give me a sample code for using RIL functions in native code?

Thanks in advance
Indu.M

Peter Foot [MVP] said:
Using the Telephony APIs (TAPI), you can get some of these details, for
example current network name can be obtained from lineGetCurrentOperator:-
http://blog.opennetcf.org/pfoot/PermaLink.aspx?guid=ffe175ab-f42b-49e8-b6f7-933a7e9d8667

Peter

--
Peter Foot