Word How to delete line in Word

Reaction score
I need help with Word. I put a line across a document using the underline key to the right of the row of numbers on the keyboard. Now I can't get rid of it. I even tried separating it from the text and copying and pasting the top and bottom portions of the text to a new document, but the line follows me. I can't delete it, highlight it. It's like it has a life of its own.

What can I do?

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
You mean like this________________________________ ?

Reaction score
This website is gibing me problems. It took a song and a dance to be able to reply to this.

Yes, I wanted to separate the document from new material and what I had earlier, and now I can't undo it.

Thank you

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I've moved these new messages into a new topic because it is to do with Word.

It's odd that you can't highlight the line... have you tried double clicking on the line? Double clicking highlights a group of characters that don't have spaces between them (eg a word). Try it and let us know if it lets you highlight it. You can also highlight a paragraph by triple clicking if needed.

Something else that is worth checking - when you hover your mouse over the line, does it look like a text cursor (ie, a capital i) or is it two small horizontal lines with arrows either side?

Ask a Question