    Do i need to install more then jsut sql server 2005 on remote machine before
    i can attach to processes remotely?

    also what all ports need to be open?

    DR, Nov 2, 2007

  2. "DR" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > How to debug sql 2005 on remote machine. I am administrator on both my dev
    > machine and remote sql server machine.
    >
    > I get this error when i try to connect to remote machien with visual
    > studio:
    >
    > unable to connect to microsoft vistual studio remote debugging monitor
    > named msdb3. the microsfot visual studio remote debugging montor
    > (msvsmon.exe) does not appear to be ru nning on the remote computer.
    > please see help for assistance.
    >
    > Do i need to install more then jsut sql server 2005 on remote machine
    > before i can attach to processes remotely?
    >
    > also what all ports need to be open?

    Your primary source for information on this should be msdn, it takes a
    couple of seconds to get an answer to such question, while it may take hours
    when posting to a NG.
    Here's is what you are looking for:
    <http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bt727f1t.aspx>

    Note that VS and Sql Server setup questions are better answered in the
    Microsoft.public.vstudio.setup and Microsoft.public.sqlserver.set NG's
    respectively.

    Willy.

    Willy Denoyette [MVP], Nov 3, 2007