How to code a batch file for backup?

Eric

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to code a batch file for backup?
I would like to xcopy everything from D drvie into G drive without
requesting for any confirmation on overwriting any file.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Shenan Stanley

Eric said:
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to code a batch file for
backup? I would like to xcopy everything from D drvie into G drive
without requesting for any confirmation on overwriting any file.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions

My suggestion:

Read the responses to your identical question already asked/answered.

Barry Schwarz

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to code a batch file for backup?
I would like to xcopy everything from D drvie into G drive without
requesting for any confirmation on overwriting any file.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Your first task is to learn the difference between Usenet and chat
rooms.

Your second task is to read the responses you already received, some
more than five hours prior to this repeat posting.

(PeteCresswell)

Per Barry Schwarz:
Your second task is to read the responses you already received, some
more than five hours prior to this repeat posting.

Were the responses all in this NG?

If so, maybe it's time for me to find a new NG provider.

I'm getting this NG via Individual.Net and, besides the OP, have
only seen the two responses below.

---------------------------------
From: Barry Schwarz <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Subject: Re: How to code a batch file for backup?
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 09:17:59 -0800

--
Remove del for email
---------------------------------
From: "Shenan Stanley" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 10:20:30 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to code a batch file for
backup? I would like to xcopy everything from D drvie into G drive
without requesting for any confirmation on overwriting any file.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions

My suggestion:

Read the responses to your identical question already
asked/answered.

Nil

Were the responses all in this NG?

If so, maybe it's time for me to find a new NG provider.

I'm getting this NG via Individual.Net and, besides the OP, have
only seen the two responses below.

I also read this group through individual.net, and I've seen at least 8
server.

(PeteCresswell)

Per Nil:
I also read this group through individual.net, and I've seen at least 8
server.

You mean Eric's multiple postings, right? Besides this one I've
only posted once.