How to change dos window size

Hi

I have some problems with dos window. it always start in full screen mode. i
have already change its properties to start in normal window but in vain. is
there any way to change that setting.

regards
Terence

Dave Patrick

"shortcut"|Properties|Layout

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

:
| Hi
|
| I have some problems with dos window. it always start in full screen mode.
| have already change its properties to start in normal window but in vain.
is
| there any way to change that setting.
|
| regards
| Terence

David Candy

You can't know that. I know the most here about Dos and windows sizes. There is not enough information to diagnose and wild guesses are worth nothing. Your suggestion is totally worthless if it's a bat file. Your suggestion is worthless if it's SVGA Dos program. It makes a big difference if it's typed in a command prompt. From info provided one can't even say what pif file or cmd window property it is inheiriting the settings from.

Dave Patrick

Simmer down David. I don't deserve an ass rippin' from you!

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
You can't know that. I know the most here about Dos and windows sizes. There
is not enough information to diagnose and wild guesses are worth nothing.
Your suggestion is totally worthless if it's a bat file. Your suggestion is
worthless if it's SVGA Dos program. It makes a big difference if it's typed
in a command prompt. From info provided one can't even say what pif file or
cmd window property it is inheiriting the settings from.

null

David said:
You can't know that. I know the most here about Dos and windows sizes. There is not enough information to diagnose and wild guesses are worth nothing. Your suggestion is totally worthless if it's a bat file. Your suggestion is worthless if it's SVGA Dos program. It makes a big difference if it's typed in a command prompt. From info provided one can't even say what pif file or cmd window property it is inheiriting the settings from.

Then instead of being rude, why didn't you ask him for the specific
details that you need.

posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
of this message.

David Candy

Because I expect them to do that when they first post. As they post via a web interface most of them it's MS job to get them posting right.

The exact text of any error message and what was tried that caused it to appear.

The steps taken to demostrate the "issue" for non error type things.

This is so basic.

SG

David,

Basic as it may be to you, one must learn to craw before they walk. At least
the OP found a way to seek help and that's a start. Over time everyone will
learn just as you and I what to post and how to do it. Your answer was truly
uncalled for and you are much better than that. If you can't make out what
the poster is asking then send them here http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Talking down to someone will not help them solve their problem nor will it
ever help them learn.

All the best,
--
George Aker aka SG
Google is your friend www.google.com

http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
There is not enough information to diagnose and wild guesses are worth
nothing. Your suggestion is totally worthless if it's a bat file. Your
suggestion is worthless if it's SVGA Dos program. It makes a big difference
if it's typed in a command prompt. From info provided one can't even say
what pif file or cmd window property it is inheiriting the settings from.

robotnz1

HI All

I saw this on a google search. What a shocking bunch of crap to answe
a real question with! The guy had the same problem I just had - ANSWER
Its no good changing the MSDOS screen from start/ progs/ accessories
Certainly in Windows ME It has to be changed from the running program
so from the full dos screen use alt esc to close it to the taskbar an
then with your windowz back go to the taskbar and alt clic the msdo
and change the screen size to window, click it to open it again fro
the task bar again and WoW ALL Done. cheers

| Hi
|
| I have some problems with dos window. it always start in full scree
mode.
| have already change its properties to start in normal window but i
vain.
is
| there any way to change that setting.
|
| regards
| Terence [/B

-
robotnz

Wesley Vogel

Alt + Enter to toggle to and from full screen.

You do *not* have to open cmd.exe or command.com to get to Properties in XP.

Right click whatever cmd.exe shortcut you use | Properties |
Options tab | Select Window or Full screen under Display Options

Window
[[Specifies that the program will run in a window. This mode makes it easier
to share information with other Windows-based programs and is mostly used
for text-based MS-DOS programs.]]

Full screen
[[Specifies that the program will run in a full screen. This uses the least
memory and is mostly used to run graphics.]]

Also: Layout tab | Under Window size, set the Width and Height

For command.com, right click the shortcut | Properties |
Screen tab | Window or Full screen

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In
robotnz1 said:
HI All

I saw this on a google search. What a shocking bunch of crap to answer
a real question with! The guy had the same problem I just had - ANSWER=
Its no good changing the MSDOS screen from start/ progs/ accessories.
Certainly in Windows ME It has to be changed from the running program,
so from the full dos screen use alt esc to close it to the taskbar and
then with your windowz back go to the taskbar and alt clic the msdos
and change the screen size to window, click it to open it again from
the task bar again and WoW ALL Done. cheers

Hi

I have some problems with dos window. it always start in full screen mode.
have already change its properties to start in normal window but in vain.
is
there any way to change that setting.

regards
Terence [/B]

David Candy

That would all depend. As it is to do with a faulty program my solution is to do it correctly.