How to bring back system tray icons?

Dmitriy Kopnichev

Hello
How to bring back system tray icons? The icons disappeared after
explorer.exe restart. The icon programs are running in the Task manager.

Don Varnau

Hi,
After an explorer.exe crash, a restart should always return things to
normal. Or (faster) a logoff/login (even as the same user) should also work.

Hope this helps,
Don

Dmitriy Kopnichev

I will loose any unsaved data if I restart or logoff/logon. Saving will take
too much time.

Dmitriy Kopnichev

Thanks for your replies.
I will loose 30 web pages I found. Saving will take too much time.

NoNoBadDog!

I guess you are screwed then...which is more valuable...the icons or the
webpages?

Why cant you just save the links?

Your response makes no sense.

Bobby

Dmitriy Kopnichev

I meant saving links by saving pages, but saving the links will take too
much time, and then I will have to delete the links to decrease the clutter
after reading the pages. I do not save most of the unsaved data after
reading. But I have to read the data first, which will take time.

Crusty \(-: Old B@stard :-\)

And what happens if your system should crash about now? You would loose
everything. Save, and save frequently. It's a basic rule of computing!

--
Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

Crusty \(-: Old B@stard :-\)

You know, of course, that every web page visited is in your history file -
saved for you, as you will.

--
Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

Dmitriy Kopnichev

I know that every web page visited is in my IE history. There are even more
unneeded pages in the history. I don't want to dig in the clutter and
download again.

Dmitriy Kopnichev

My system don't crash usually. You can't save everything you've done on your
computer, and saving would take too much time.

Crusty \(-: Old B@stard :-\)

There is no cure for laziness, I guess. But then again, it has led to
further invention and innovation.

--
Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

Dmitriy Kopnichev said:
Thanks for your replies.
I will loose 30 web pages I found. Saving will take too much time.
After an explorer.exe crash, a restart should always return things to
normal. Or (faster) a logoff/login (even as the same user) should also
work.

Hope this helps,
Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.