How to boot Win2k from external USB2 drive?

Matt

Any followup thoughts on the note below? I want to do the same thing.
-Matt

From: newbie ([email protected])
Subject: any success on Boot from external USB hard disk?

This is the only article in this thread
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup,
microsoft.public.win2000.hardware
Date: 2002-12-27 12:20:05 PST

I have been loaned a laptop ( dell inspiron 7500) to support a client
network. I want to add an external usb drive and also dual boot XP pro
with
small business server..

I notice that there was prior posting indicating problem for booting
XP from
USB drive. ( nov 14 by Russell) would I have problem also?

Pavel A.

AFAIK booting from USB is not supported in win2k or normal (not embedded ) XP.
Maybe it will be supported in WinPE.

- PA