How to boot to windows directly

Reaction score
I have a sony netbook and i reformat it using a bootable USB flash disk because i didn't have any external optical drive to be use. The re formatting was successful and i installed the windows xp pro OS. After that i reset the netbook but i observed that it didn't proceed to windows right away. It first display this two choices

Microsoft Windows XP Professional
USB Repair Not to Start Microsoft Windows XP Professional

If i select the first and press the enter key that the time it will load the windows xp. Or i will wait for 30seconds before it will proceed to widows xp.

How can i directly proceed to windows XP and eliminate that two choice during booting process?

please help

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums :)

If you run "msconfig" and go to the boot menu, you should be able to tweak your startup options there. You can alter the timeout (from 30 seconds), set a default option and remove items from that list.

Reaction score
Re

Go to run, type "msconfig" and go to the boot menu. You can set a default option and remove items from the list.

Ask a Question