How often do you run anti-spyware/virus scans?

How often do you run anti-spyware/virus scans?

• At least once a day

Votes: 214 37.9%
  • Around once a week

Votes: 197 34.9%
  • Each month

Votes: 33 5.8%
  • When I remember

Votes: 88 15.6%
  • Never

Votes: 33 5.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Looking at the % for NEVER and WHEN I REMEMBER i would like to see how slowly and badly they run and i guess run at all!!

Reaction score
What sux?

itsme said:
Every day me does:nod:

I sought the truth and found it; Everything is perfectly imperfect, except for a few perfect iceholes.

Illigitimus non carborundum est.

I can't wait to get Apple/Mac computers.

artoshea

Reaction score
user over 60

We should be easy users. I have helped many older people who are confused of the jungle they meet in their pcs. There is normaly too many possibilities to use and the explations are far too complicated to a user with poor english knowledge (in Finland).
Thats way I try to start to use Easy Cleaner.

Reaction score
:/

I should probably scan more. But honestly, I don't think Norton Internet Security would pick anything up, even if i did. Any suggestions for a better peice of security software?

Reaction score
AdamAllecto said:
I should probably scan more. But honestly, I don't think Norton Internet Security would pick anything up, even if i did. Any suggestions for a better peice of security software?

Kaspersky..you won't be sorry

Reaction score
I used to scan with AVG every few weeks.

Should probably have done it more often, but I have very little to lose should a virus attack as the few important files I have I back up.

Reaction score
PotGuy said:
I used to scan with AVG every few weeks.

Should probably have done it more often, but I have very little to lose should a virus attack as the few important files I have I back up.

Its not just about the files you might loose should a virus attack your rig..There is other damage that can be done..Hardware can get toasted to, and run into £££'s getting stuff repaired..

Reaction score
Once a day is pretty dedicated, I trust that my AV is doing it's job therefore once or twice a week is more than enough

Reaction score
I don't even have anti-virus software installed. They're bloated and annoying bits of kit and in my opinion, just not really worth the hastle if you know what you're doing on a computer. I have my N.A.T router and firewall in place, and I just don't download stuff that I don't trust.
And if worst comes to the worst (it hasn't so far), I've got my backups, my OS cd's and my drivers all handy, so reformatting the computer is no big hastle.

Basically I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than deal with Norton/McAfee/AVG/Generic-Rubbish slowing down my rig and telling me about threats every 5 seconds.

Ask a Question