• 2 - A nice pair

Votes: 41 27.9%
  • 3 - I'm greedy

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • 3 or more!

Votes: 49 33.3%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I think a more interesting question would be how many of you acctually use all those computers for what there worth, i.e. i use my main rig(c below) for mostly web browsing and programming however i play some games aswel

Its just i know people who are very wasteful with there sysytems thats all

Reaction score
Il add my few :)

I got six physical boxes and five virtual ..

Workstation - Athlon 4000+ SOA 939
DC01 - Athlon 3500+ SOA 754 (running VMware GSX) (3GB of ram).
DC02 - Athlon 3200+ SOA 754
ISA01 - Athlon XP 2200+
IBM Thinkpad (courtesy of work) laptop
Dell D600 (personal) laptop

DC01 has a donated copy of GSX server on it from my old employer. That has 5 virtual servers on it.

EXCLU01 & EXCLU02 - Exchange 2003 Cluster
EXDMZ01 - Exchange 2003 Frontend SMTP/OWA/OMA
WEB01 - PHP4 dev
WEB02 - PHP5 dev

It's also a backup DC & DNS server.

DC02 - Domain Controller / MySQL / WSUS / DNS / DHCP & TSM (Tivoli Storage Management), Backup server with a RAID-5.

ISA01 - ISA 2004 gateway to the above

What can I say...? I love my network and my PC's <3

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Shorty said:
What can I say...? I love my network and my PC's <3

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: You must have a little super-computer if you cluster them all!

Reaction score
ok when i first posted and voted i had one computer... now i have 3 and one laptop !

Reaction score
hmm we have i our house 2 computers and 2 laptops!

i myself have 1 pc and 1 laptop. Very comfortable, as i use for palying my pc and for working my laptop
!!

Reaction score
I've got 3 networked machines. A Compaq D530 running Windows 2000 Server, my homebuilt XP Pro machine and an old Sony Vaio PCG 5426 Laptop.

I use the Compaq for learning purposes and backup area, the XP Pro as my daily web browsing, dive planning, gaming machine and my laptop has all my dive planning software so that when I'm away for a dive trip I can do all my planning "on site". Also use the laptop for store photos taken whilst on a trip.

Cheers,

Ian

Reaction score
Got 12 left, gave away a few PIIs to friends for their kids as kids were wrecking their work pcs with the junk they continually downloaded.

daveydoom

Trusted Advisor
Reaction score
6 (well, 5 PCs and an iMac) working and three more PCs that either need a H/D and/or RAM.

2 with XP Pro - One for myself and one for my wife, used every day for surfing, email, etc.
1 with SmoothWall installed - Firewall/router.
1 with SuSE Linux - Use it to try and learn Linux in my spare time (never enough spare time to learn Linux).
1 iMac with OS9 - Was given to me for free so I couldn't turn that down, works well for surfing.
1 old IBM with Win98SE - Used for our two little boys, only machine not networked or online.

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Got a collection of old towers which I use for multi-platform testing and problem resolution.

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Well there's my baby, she's an ibookG4, then there's the G3 my daughter uses & an old Black Mac that my son plays on. That one's not online tho, doesn't have airport, so my daughter, grudgingly, has to let him have an hour a day on her's so he can play games online.
I didn't include John's comp when I voted, his is a Gateway running win 2000, that's also ofline. John's a real technophobe & only uses his comp to display photo's he's using when he's painting.

My daughter tells me that her computer is called Clarence, because he's a bit nerdy, & she sez he has to be a guy because he never listens...

Last edited:
Reaction score
cirianz said:
My daughter tells me that her computer is called Clarence, because he's a bit nerdy, & she sez he has to be a guy because he never listens...

Thats hilarious.... I think my pc is a woman... it only pretends to do what I want it to until I leave the room...

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Raje said:
Thats hilarious.... I think my pc is a woman... it only pretends to do what I want it to until I leave the room...

ROFL, yeah. I've only had my baby about a year now so the rosy coloured glasses are still firmly in place. She gets a bit cranky sometimes & I must confess that I've fancied finding out if she can fly a few times, but usually a bunch of roses & some software centered choccys will still sort out the problem ;).

Ask a Question