How do you make a slideshow in FrontPage that cycles pictures?

The slideshow option in FP only creates a thumbnail photo gallery. I want
something that cycles through a bunch of different pictures every so many
seconds. Thanks.

Steve Easton

Google for "javascript slide show"

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

Check out other posts in this ng regarding JAlbum.

| The slideshow option in FP only creates a thumbnail photo gallery. I want
| something that cycles through a bunch of different pictures every so many
| seconds. Thanks.

I know how to do that, I'm asking if there's an option in FP to do it. It's
for an older lady I know that will not want to go to the js route. Thanks for
replying though.

Murray

The old lady has no options, really. The choices are

1. Javascript to automatically cycle the images
2. Java to ditto (EW!)
3. Flash to ditto

HTML alone cannot do such things.

Steve Easton

If she makes a page for each image with the image inserted it could be done with meta refresh tags.
Example:
image1.htm
image2.htm
image3.htm.

Then in the head section of image1.htm add
<META HTTP-EQUIV=Refresh CONTENT="10; URL=image2.htm/">
in image2.htm add
<META HTTP-EQUIV=Refresh CONTENT="10; URL=image3.htm/">

And so on. The last page would have a refresh back to image1.htm
<META HTTP-EQUIV=Refresh CONTENT="10; URL=image1.htm/">

The number 10 is the number of seconds before the next page is displayed.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

Murray

Good grief. What a nightmare.

Think about the browser's back arrow, and how confusing this would be....

Jens Peter Karlsen[FP MVP]

If it was possible in FP Steve would have said so.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: How do you make a slideshow in FrontPage that
cycles pictures?
Subject: Re: How do you make a slideshow in FrontPage that
cycles pictures?

Steve Easton said: