how do search engines read Wordart, image or text

I am using Wordart on my website and would like to know if search engines can
read the Keywords in the Wordart. I know that only Windows Internet Explorer
4.0 and newer can read Wordart. But what does the search engine see?

Rob Giordano \(Crash\)

Search engines don't read images, WordArt is a graphic image...so no.

--

Rob Giordano
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

in message |I am using Wordart on my website and would like to know if search engines
can
| read the Keywords in the Wordart. I know that only Windows Internet
Explorer
| 4.0 and newer can read Wordart. But what does the search engine see?

Ronx

Actually, only Internet Explorer 5.5 and later can render WordArt, and
it looks awful on other browsers if you use the down level poor quality
..gif option. You are MUCH better off not using it at all, or use an
image editor to change the Word Art into a conventional .jpg image.

As Rob said, Search Engines cannot see WordArt.
--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (FrontPage)

http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp

FrontPage Support: http://www.frontpagemvps.com/

"Winning and Warning" <Winning and (e-mail address removed)>

Wordart does not seem to be an image. When looking at the html source code
it is made up of style sheet tags. There does not appear to be an image
anywhere. I tried pasting the Wordart into Microsoft Digital Image v10, to
save it as an image and it will not paste.

Andrew Murray

VML = Vector Markup Language (?).

Vector is an image format.

It's different from Jpeg which I think is a form of bitmap image.

Vector image drawing programs - such as Corel Draw are better for print than
online.