How do I slant the column headers so they are more readable?

Zeffy

I've seen docs where the column headers are slanted, and the text is
vertical, but not completely vertical. I can't find how to create those, or
if it can even be done in Excel or Word.

Am I painting a clear enough picture of what I mean?

Maggie in VT

FSt1

hi.
slanted header?
right click the cell or range you want slanted text.
click format cells
click the alignment tab.
adjust the orientation by clicking and holding the horizontal line or by
clilcking on the spin buttons at the bottom of the orientation box. adjust to
45 degrees.
click ok
done.

Regards
FSt1

Niek Otten

Hi Maggie,

In Excel:

Format>Cells>Alignment tab, drag the Orientation gauge

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

| I've seen docs where the column headers are slanted, and the text is
| vertical, but not completely vertical. I can't find how to create those, or
| if it can even be done in Excel or Word.
|
| Am I painting a clear enough picture of what I mean?
|
| Maggie in VT

Gord Dibben

Note: the suggestion in the other replies just slant the text in the cells, but
does not actually slant the cells if that's what you wanted to occur.

Good enough for appearance though.

Also helps to give those cells borders and a background color so they really
"look" slanted.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Niek Otten

Thanks for a useful addition, Gord!