How do I set up Word to not count blank lines?

Medical transcriptionist charges by line of text. Counting each line by hand
is obviously inconvenient as is using the Word line count feature and
counting and subtracting out the blank line. As a former WordPerfect user,
it was easy to format the elimination of blank line counting. How do you do
this in word?

Suzanne S. Barnhill

You do this by not using blank lines. Instead of pressing Enter twice to
create a "blank line" (which Word considers an "empty paragraph"), use Space
Before/After to create blank space. An easy way to add 12 pts Space Before
(the equivalent of a "blank line") is to press Ctrl+0 (zero).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.

"Don't want to count blank lines." <Don't want to count blank
news:[email protected]...