How do I "Publish to Web" a Webpage I built?

I have built a web page on the hard drive of my computer using the "Front
Page 2003" software. When I attmpted to "Publish to Web", I received an
error message. Although I have secured a "Domain Name" at "ebizwebpages.com"
and my ISP's are "aol" and "peoplepc", I do not know how to "publish" my
(Front Page) web page on the Web. Do I need a "Web Server Host" IN ADDITION
to my ISP's? Front Page2003 is complicated becasue it'ss asking me for
"WebDAV" and "FTP", etc. when I wish I could simply point and click on
"Publish to Web" like I did when I created a web page on my membership site
at PeoplePC. The problem with my (simple) PeoplePC webpage is that it's NOT
its OWN DOMAIN such as: "http://www.(my website).com". Instead, it was
listed far to the right: http://peoplepc/(my name)/member/(web page). At
"ebizwebpage.com," I secured my own domain name: "www.(my website).com" I
just can't figure out how to publish to it! Any advise would be appreciated.
Skeets

Steve Easton

You need to establish an account with a hosting company ( Web Service Provider )
They will create an account on a server, then register your domain name in a "Name Server." Then
after your domain name has propagated throughout the Domain Name Server system you will be able to
publish to your "account"

If you need a host try www.123ehost.com They have some reasonable hosting packages.

Or Google For "Web hosts"

fwiw, an ISP is how you connect to the internet with your machine. A WSP is where you're web lives.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

I just spent some time perusing ebizwebpages.com...and I tell ya...I can't find any instructions on how to upload. It's almost like its a template based host and you have to use their templates. I could be wrong, but thats what it seems.

| I have built a web page on the hard drive of my computer using the "Front
| Page 2003" software. When I attmpted to "Publish to Web", I received an
| error message. Although I have secured a "Domain Name" at "ebizwebpages.com"
| and my ISP's are "aol" and "peoplepc", I do not know how to "publish" my
| (Front Page) web page on the Web. Do I need a "Web Server Host" IN ADDITION
| to my ISP's? Front Page2003 is complicated becasue it'ss asking me for
| "WebDAV" and "FTP", etc. when I wish I could simply point and click on
| "Publish to Web" like I did when I created a web page on my membership site
| at PeoplePC. The problem with my (simple) PeoplePC webpage is that it's NOT
| its OWN DOMAIN such as: "http://www.(my website).com". Instead, it was
| listed far to the right: http://peoplepc/(my name)/member/(web page). At
| "ebizwebpage.com," I secured my own domain name: "www.(my website).com" I
| just can't figure out how to publish to it! Any advise would be appreciated.
| Skeets

This is very much the same problem as I have, right now
When I say that I use Windows or Office I mean at least the Professional
versions, never any Home or other lighter products.
For a few years, I used the 2000 Windows and the Office 2000 System, and had
no problems.
In December 2004 I upgraded Office to 2003. I still have to upgrade Windows
from 2000 to 2002.
Before the upgrade, I could publish via FP 2000 to my WebHotel, this I can´t
do anymore.
I thoght it would be a piece of cake (cookie?) to use FP 2003 to publish to
my Webhotel, but that was not my piece of cake...

NO! I want to know the news, I want to be informed, and I didn´t want to be
mislead by advertisers.
Microsoft didn´t exactly pave my way.
I have now, 2004-12-13 spent a week, finding a solution.

I have found three possible host in the world, yes, in the whole wide world,
the "www", the whole wide world.
I think the Microsoft marketing people should be terrified by the figure
"three".

"Skeets" skrev:

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

3 hosts in the whole wide werld? huh??

| This is very much the same problem as I have, right now
| When I say that I use Windows or Office I mean at least the Professional
| versions, never any Home or other lighter products.
| For a few years, I used the 2000 Windows and the Office 2000 System, and had
| no problems.
| In December 2004 I upgraded Office to 2003. I still have to upgrade Windows
| from 2000 to 2002.
| Before the upgrade, I could publish via FP 2000 to my WebHotel, this I can´t
| do anymore.
| I thoght it would be a piece of cake (cookie?) to use FP 2003 to publish to
| my Webhotel, but that was not my piece of cake...
|
| NO! I want to know the news, I want to be informed, and I didn´t want to be
| mislead by advertisers.
| Microsoft didn´t exactly pave my way.
| I have now, 2004-12-13 spent a week, finding a solution.
|
| I have found three possible host in the world, yes, in the whole wide world,
| the "www", the whole wide world.
| I think the Microsoft marketing people should be terrified by the figure
| "three".
|
| "Skeets" skrev:
|
| > I have built a web page on the hard drive of my computer using the "Front
| > Page 2003" software. When I attmpted to "Publish to Web", I received an
| > error message. Although I have secured a "Domain Name" at "ebizwebpages.com"
| > and my ISP's are "aol" and "peoplepc", I do not know how to "publish" my
| > (Front Page) web page on the Web. Do I need a "Web Server Host" IN ADDITION
| > to my ISP's? Front Page2003 is complicated becasue it'ss asking me for
| > "WebDAV" and "FTP", etc. when I wish I could simply point and click on
| > "Publish to Web" like I did when I created a web page on my membership site
| > at PeoplePC. The problem with my (simple) PeoplePC webpage is that it's NOT
| > its OWN DOMAIN such as: "http://www.(my website).com". Instead, it was
| > listed far to the right: http://peoplepc/(my name)/member/(web page). At
| > "ebizwebpage.com," I secured my own domain name: "www.(my website).com" I
| > just can't figure out how to publish to it! Any advise would be appreciated.
| > Skeets

Tom Pepper Willett

Rob: He appears to have some "issues" that none of us can decipher?
--
===
Tom "Pepper" Willett
wrote in message 3 hosts in the whole wide werld? huh??

| This is very much the same problem as I have, right now
| When I say that I use Windows or Office I mean at least the Professional
| versions, never any Home or other lighter products.
| For a few years, I used the 2000 Windows and the Office 2000 System, and
had
| no problems.
| In December 2004 I upgraded Office to 2003. I still have to upgrade
Windows
| from 2000 to 2002.
| Before the upgrade, I could publish via FP 2000 to my WebHotel, this I
can´t
| do anymore.
| I thoght it would be a piece of cake (cookie?) to use FP 2003 to publish
| my Webhotel, but that was not my piece of cake...
|
| NO! I want to know the news, I want to be informed, and I didn´t want to
be
| mislead by advertisers.
| Microsoft didn´t exactly pave my way.
| I have now, 2004-12-13 spent a week, finding a solution.
|
| I have found three possible host in the world, yes, in the whole wide
world,
| the "www", the whole wide world.
| I think the Microsoft marketing people should be terrified by the figure
| "three".
|
| "Skeets" skrev:
|
| > I have built a web page on the hard drive of my computer using the
"Front
| > Page 2003" software. When I attmpted to "Publish to Web", I received an
| > error message. Although I have secured a "Domain Name" at
"ebizwebpages.com"
| > and my ISP's are "aol" and "peoplepc", I do not know how to "publish" my
| > (Front Page) web page on the Web. Do I need a "Web Server Host" IN
ADDITION
| > to my ISP's? Front Page2003 is complicated becasue it'ss asking me for
| > "WebDAV" and "FTP", etc. when I wish I could simply point and click on
| > "Publish to Web" like I did when I created a web page on my membership
site
| > at PeoplePC. The problem with my (simple) PeoplePC webpage is that it's
NOT
| > its OWN DOMAIN such as: "http://www.(my website).com". Instead, it was
| > listed far to the right: http://peoplepc/(my name)/member/(web page).
At
| > "ebizwebpage.com," I secured my own domain name: "www.(my website).com"
| > just can't figure out how to publish to it! Any advise would be
appreciated.
| > Skeets

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

I saw that after I replied to this one.
I still can't figure out what problem he is having though.

| Rob: He appears to have some "issues" that none of us can decipher?
| --
| ===
| Tom "Pepper" Willett
| Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
| ---
| About FrontPage 2003:
| http://office.microsoft.com/home/office.aspx?assetid=FX01085802
| FrontPage 2003 Product Information:
| http://www.microsoft.com/office/frontpage/prodinfo/default.mspx
| Understanding FrontPage:
| http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/understanding/frontpage/
| ===
| "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | 3 hosts in the whole wide werld? huh??
|

| | | This is very much the same problem as I have, right now
| | When I say that I use Windows or Office I mean at least the Professional
| | versions, never any Home or other lighter products.
| | For a few years, I used the 2000 Windows and the Office 2000 System, and
| had
| | no problems.
| | In December 2004 I upgraded Office to 2003. I still have to upgrade
| Windows
| | from 2000 to 2002.
| | Before the upgrade, I could publish via FP 2000 to my WebHotel, this I
| can´t
| | do anymore.
| | I thoght it would be a piece of cake (cookie?) to use FP 2003 to publish
| | my Webhotel, but that was not my piece of cake...
| |
| | NO! I want to know the news, I want to be informed, and I didn´t want to
| be
| | mislead by advertisers.
| | Microsoft didn´t exactly pave my way.
| | I have now, 2004-12-13 spent a week, finding a solution.
| |
| | I have found three possible host in the world, yes, in the whole wide
| world,
| | the "www", the whole wide world.
| | I think the Microsoft marketing people should be terrified by the figure
| | "three".
| |
| |