How do I move Windows XP to a New Hard Drive

Musicman50

I purchased a new hard drive for my computer (Old one's going bad),
I have hundreds of programs, and tons of data on it, so a new install is out
of the question.
How do I move all the contents to the new drive ?

Used to be on Windows 98 you could setup the new hard drive as a secondary
drive, format it,
then use XCOPY C:\ D:\ /c /e /f /h /r /s..
This would move all the contents to the new drive, you could then change the
jumper to master on the new drive, remove the old drive, And you were in
business again..

Will this procedure work on Windows XP Pro ??

Thanks Phil

sam

There are various ways to do this, but the better way is
Install Xp prof on your new Hard Drive and make that
drive as Master, After the installation and windows
updates make your old (98) harddrive as a slave by
setting the jumper as per mention on the hard disk.
after hooking both the hard disk you shall be able to see
your old (98) hard disk in My computer. once you are able
to see the old hard drive then you just Drag and drop the
documents from old hard disk to ur required loaction (
current drive.)
thank
sam

Musicman50

Thanks Sam, But I don't think you understood my question:

I currently have Windows XP Professional installed on an existing hard drive
(Going bad).
I want to move the entire Windows XP Drive , including all applications,
Exactly as it's on the old drive to the new drive.
Copying folders and documents is easy, but I don't want to reinstall over
250 applications, and have to set them up, this would take weeks..

I want to know how to move my entire Windows XP to a new hard drive..

Any help much apperciated..

Phil

<:))))><<