How do i insert blank rows between data that is thousands of rows

paul.eatwell

I want to insert a blank row between each line of data that I have in the
quickest way possible. My spreadsheet is 12 000 rows long and want to do this
as quickly as possible. I know how to insert a row wherever I want but is
there a quick way, maybe a function I could use, that will insert a blank row
inbetween each row of data I have?

Please email me on (e-mail address removed)

many thanks

Paul

Jim Cone

One way in this post... http://tinyurl.com/yupz9w
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"paul.eatwell"
wrote in message
I want to insert a blank row between each line of data that I have in the
quickest way possible. My spreadsheet is 12 000 rows long and want to do this
as quickly as possible. I know how to insert a row wherever I want but is
there a quick way, maybe a function I could use, that will insert a blank row
inbetween each row of data I have?
Please email me on...
many thanks
Paul

HKaplan

Edit this simple macro:

Sub RowInsert()

For X = 2 To 12000
Rows(X).Select
Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown
X = X + 1
Next X

End Sub

Gord Dibben

You have been given a couple of methods but I have a question.

Why do you want the blank row?

A blank row between every row will mess up sorting, filtering, copying a nd
probably some other functions.

If for viewing purposes only, just select all the rows and double the row
height.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

CJ

what would the formula be if I wanted to insert 2 blank rows after each
existing data row?

Gord Dibben

Sub InsertRows()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim numRows As Integer
Dim r As Long
Dim X As Long
numRows = 2 'adjust for rows to insert
X = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row 'last row in column A
For r = X To 1 Step -1
ActiveSheet.Rows(r + 1).Resize(numRows).EntireRow.Insert
Next r
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP