How do I get out of Compatibility Mode in Word 7?

Lew

I don't even know how I got into that mode let alone how to get out of it! I
typed the word in the Help index but nothing came up to advise how to get in
or out of this mode. Thanks for any help you could provide.

Jim Cone

It is a Windows feature not an Office utility.
You can try the "Program Compatibility Wizard" which might be found on
the Start | All Programs menu under Microsoft Office Tools.
Or enter "Compatibility Mode" in Windows help found on the Start menu.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Lew"
wrote in message .
I don't even know how I got into that mode let alone how to get out of it! I
typed the word in the Help index but nothing came up to advise how to get in
or out of this mode. Thanks for any help you could provide.

Jon Peltier

If he means Word 2007, then this compatibility mode pops up when Word 2007
opens a document created by an earlier version of Word. Or at least that's
what Excel 2007 does (I'm guessing Word acts similarly).

If the file is saved as an Office 2007 document, the compatibility mode
should go away.

- Jon